QiSwap Update: March 13th, 2021
There has been a lot of progress on the software development front and some business development. We are now at the point where most of the Qi governance tokens have been sent to exchanges. Over 24 million of the 30 million airdrop tokens have been distributed to participating exchanges, and a lot more have been claimed by individuals who possess the private keys to their own Qtum holdings. There will never be 30 million tokens fully claimed, as that would require 100% of the Qtum token holders to exchange using the audited swap contract, which will never happen simply due to Qtum wallet addresses being lost forever. If you have not received your airdrop tokens from your exchange, please deal with their support directly as there’s nothing the QiSwap team can do to assist.
Airdrop & Pioneers Updates
- Very little work remains left to do for the airdrop. A few smaller exchanges have yet to request their Qi tokens from our team, but they are free to swap their QIAIR tokens for Qi any time. If you left your Qtum tokens on an exchange at the time of the airdrop and have not been credited Qi tokens, please contact the customer service at that exchange as there is nothing our team can do to assist you. Please keep in mind that every Qtum address with a balance was sent QIAIR tokens during the airdrop, and an audited swap contract was provided less than 48 hours after. This means it is highly unlikely for any exchange to state they have not received tokens from the airdrop.
- We will be closing the audited swap contract for QIAIR to Qi in a few days. We will make sure to send out a series of tweets prior to doing this, but once it has been closed there will be no way to swap your QIAIR to Qi. We initially said 2 weeks, then extended it to 3 weeks. It has now been almost 4 weeks.
- Pioneers I+II payout scripts are being developed in a way that allows the QiSwap team to host another event easily. We will likely have this paid out to participants within a week. Expect to see Pioneers III launch shortly after.
- The decimal issue users experienced with the Qi web wallet has been duplicated and fixed. We have submitted our changes and expect to see the update go public within a few days. This will make it more intuitive to interface with the liquidity pools.
- Additional liquidity pools Qtum/Qi and Qi/Qc are ready to be added. Even though they are mostly copy/paste jobs to deploy, we will still reach out to the Slowmist team to get them audited.
- Pioneers I+II payout script is almost done. This was modified at the last moment to allow for it to be reusable moving forward. The QiSwap team wants to do multiple rounds of Pioneers, so expect to see more moving forward.
- Payout scripts for the Nitro Pools are beginning development. More information about this will come later.
- 2 new developers were hired last week.
- Endpoint API’s are being ported into the newly deployed liquidity pools, allowing for Coinmarketcap and Coingecko to scrape information for their website. This will also allow for the arbitrage hunters to scrape for opportunities on QiSwap and provide more action on the liquidity pools.
- Development roadmap will be released soon. Certain items are still waiting to be approved by developers, and other items we want to wait until development has started before discussing publicly.
Business Development & Marketing Updates
- Most exchanges that participated in the airdrop have completed their testing regarding the airdrop. We have now moved on to the listing process for a few of them. Please keep in mind we could be denied a listing, as they make no guarantee that supporting our airdrop is a shortcut to being listed.
- Detailed article about the Qi governance document has been completed and will be released soon.
- Economic Whitepaper that details the distribution of the Qi token and some background about DeFi, in general, has been completed and awaits publishing.
- We will likely “re-announce” the Nitro Pools initiative, as we found those announcements got very little attention. They were literally drowned out by the airdrop article by a factor of almost 100 to 1. The Medium.com articles we published about the airdrop got almost 100k views in 2 weeks, whereas each Nitro Pools article got approximately 1k views each.